Purpose

Look, it's me in Iceland
Recently I've been ruminating over this idea of purpose.
It has increasingly become a driving force,
pushing my thoughts to wander.

I'm thinking about what I'm bringing to the people in my world, and if my efforts to live a meaningful life are meaningful to anyone other than me. I started thinking back to the person I've been and how the soul underneath this goopy mash of cells has progressed. I thought all the way back to my first international travel, to the first customs form I filled out, menu I couldn't read, public transportation I couldn't manage, the first time I saw abject poverty and simultaneous overwhelming gratitude. I went back to who I wanted to be, and compared it to who I am.

Me again, in Iceland
Here's a fun quote: "Wherever you go, there you are." Here I am. Still fundamentally similar to the awkward kid I used to be and yet so unquestionably diverted from my former self. I've traveled to escape, explore, get lost, to stretch my mind, to fill my soul. As of late, my travels have overflowed with whimsy and fun, but purpose is moving me toward a different kind of adventure. And so here we are.

You, there, on your device, me, here, in my wandering thoughts. In September I'll be somewhere else. And there I'll be. In Myanmar, traveling with a different purpose than travels of late. I'll be fueled by more than wanderlust this time. When people ask "Why Myanmar?" I'll have more to say than, "I felt like going there." I'd be lying if I said that doesn't feel kind of great.

So, if you'd like to know about this upcoming excitement and why it differs from my typical travel life then click HERE

If you don't click there, then no one will ever know. So, proceed at will.
Once more

Comments

  1. Brave girl Lauren. Sounds awesome, but yes I can understand the apprehension. Of course it will go well, & so much stronger you will be for the experience. I've just given a small donation. Sorry it can't be more, but every little helps. Kia Kaha! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Casey you are so amazing! I love your soul. You, my friend have contributed so much to my life, I could never repay you!

      Delete

Post a Comment