Myanmar

This is a Key West sunset
Today I'm embarking on a journey. I know, you're probably sick of all my journeys by now, and you're definitely not surprised I'm on another one. So, if you're over the ramblings, tired of the pictures, and through with the introspection, then I invite you to kindly unfollow me. Because I'm not stopping.

If you're still here then cool, thanks. Whenever someone tells me they read my blog my heart drops an extra little beat.

Before I talk about myself, I'd like to shine a light on the generous people who financially supported my trip. I am absolutely in awe of your giving spirits. I had to pay very little for this excursion because many of you showed love through donation. Thank you


This is what packing at 3am looks like
Now, let's talk about Myanmar (Burma). I am currently in possession of a 31.6 lb bag full of prenatal vitamins, stool softeners, blood pressure cuffs, nasal sprays, an ultrasound, pill bottles, gauze, syringes, triage paperwork, etc. I'll be teaching First Aid with another RN in our group. We'll be supporting missionaries, students, and locals. I'll be leading two devotions. I'll be doing a lot of learning and growing, and a bit of internally freaking out.

Now let's talk about me (Lauren). I've lived an incredibly blessed life. I have had the great fortune of finding joy all over the world with people of all kinds. I have soared over oceans, mountain ranges, fields, homes, strangers, and loved ones. I've summited peaks and walked along the ridge, looking out over where I came from and imagining where I'm headed. Recently my path took me in to the valley, I've been stumbling over boulders in the riverbed below. I've traversed through endless questions posed by my own heart. Wondering who I want to be, what I'm willing to lose, where I draw that line, and when/if I'll know I've made the right choices.

It's hard to remember what it was like at the top when you're looking up to the peaks around you with no sign of an upcoming ascent.
This is me on a non-metaphorical peak
I share these feelings because I find it darkly comical that stumbling into the valley and facing some difficult realities about my life coincided so excellently with leaving almost everyone and everything that brings me comfort. For two weeks.
Just the moment I'm craving everyone's words and company I am without them. Cool.

That God, He's a funny funny guy.

I previously mentioned my fears regarding this adventure. The realities of those fears are exceedingly noticeable while sitting at the gate. Looking at the big blue metal tube I've rented space in to launch myself to the other side of the planet. So, if you didn't know before, you know now.


I'm freaked out.
Should be a good adventure I think.

Now, off to Seoul, then Yangon. Off to once again experience life in a brand new way.

Comments