The Same Life

I suppose it is as good of a time as any to dust off this old blog. I originally started writing here because I was bursting with inspiration and optimism about the adventures life had to offer. I started writing almost 9 years ago, and I could have never imagined where I would be now. 

Would 23 year old Lauren believe she'd be 31, writing these words from a home she owns with her husband, in Oklahoma of all places? Absolutely she would not. Sometimes I miss her, that hopeful and brave girl who willed herself to do the most ridiculous things in the name of adventure. I'm older now, hopefully wiser, and holding tight to the thread connecting me to the dreamer still inside. She was not cool by any standard, but somehow I really think she was in her own way. We are so very different, and yet very much the same person. How can I possibly be living the same life as her?

It seems appropriate to re-visit this space as I plan to embark on another unreasonable adventure. In August I will travel to the Seattle WA, pick up my dear pal Rebekah, and proceed to spend the next 6 weeks biking down the west coast. With the help of my generous Mother-In-Law and husband we will be van assisted down the coast from one campsite, park, motel, and hopefully shower to the next. Why?

Why not? Rebekah and I both have a twinge of unprecedented belief in our ability to overcome just about any challenge. Which is what makes her the best person to talk into doing something this audacious. You may be asking yourself, "does Lauren even cycle?" I do now! 

For a little back story, this idea was born somewhere between 2012 and 2014, and originally the plan was to bike across America. Maybe someday. The dream resurfaced in my brain this fall and when Rebekah said she was on board it rapidly took shape. This venture will likely be documented, perhaps in fragments, here on this old blog. If you're still keeping up then thanks for following along with me. It is still my hope to inspire you to say 'yes' more often to adventures and remind you of how beautiful living can be!

Comments