Monday, January 25, 2016

As I promised:

Alright, here we go, lets do this, okay.

I come bearing news of adventure to come! so buckle in, or rather i guess just slightly more forward in your seat and continue reading. Or stay exactly how you are, either way.

I AM LEAVING TAURANGA

On my American 23rd birthday (I get two because I'm in New Zealand, yay for time zones) I am embarking on a backpacking excursion. I will be taking a naked bus* ** to visit Rotorua  and a few days later to Waitomo to see some shiny worms and then to National Park  to tramp the 6+ hour trek of the Tongariro Crossing. From there I shall head toward Wellington to stay with friends of friends of friends of friends of friends (or something like that) who seem genuinely lovely over Facebook and email.

From Wellington I have chosen to finally take the ferry to the south Island where I aspire to spend the summer (yay for it being summer here) not going completely broke.***

And now for a brief intermission:

this is me during a particularly sweaty walk up an apparently "dormant" volcano



We will now return to our regularly scheduled programming

Current Events:
Somehow- which remains a mystery to me- I have more belongings than I started with.
I did not account for the amount of space food would take up in my bag.
I have very little space in my bag for belongings.


SO I am taking very very very little with me, And it is still too much.

At least I will be well fed on tuna, tortillas, and peanut butter. Obviously you will read all about these excursions at a later time. I will try to throw you a teaser, of my sightings and impressions somewhere along the way, to hold you over until I make another video. I make no promises.



*the occupants may or may not be naked
**tbe occupants are definitely not naked. Seriously, this isn't a Japanese hot spring. (see Naked with Strangers)
***These plans are subject to change on any whim I happen to experience. You retain no right to complain, however it is your privilege to leave comments along the way. 

1 comment:

  1. Happy American 23rd birthday Lauren! Best of luck on your excursion! Walking up a volcano looks good on you :)

    ReplyDelete