the last 2 weeks

The following is a video for everyone disguised as a video for my favourite 3 year old:
It's a poem, so read it all rhymey and it will flow better.



I must admit I put notably less time in to this video and it's a bit rough, but honestly.. I've never claimed to be good at this. So anyhoo, I hope you enjoyed!

I have been up to quite a bit in my 2 weeks since landing here in Tauranga, the problem is that most of it is not photogenic or exciting so the blog has suffered. For this I take full responsibility, but here I am, trying to make it up to you!

The videos I post probably make my life look more glamorous than it is, so it's time for some truth speak. I've spent way too much time on my computer dealing with small inconveniences and frustrations and far too little time actually seeing New Zealand.

The negatives:

1. I've committed murder on a small (but still uncomfortable) scale.


this is not my first offence nor, i fear, my last

2. Apparently mass emailing people asking for jobs is not as charming as forcing my way into their establishments and insisting I work there.

The Positives: 

1. I've gotten to know Tauranga and the lovely people (Grant and Jenny) who are letting me overtake their spare house/room/garage attachment thing. 

2. Grant and Jenny have connected me with more lovely people all over New Zealand

3. I was able to travel to Auckland to visit a lovely woman (Karen) and her family for a few days, and get some great advice about places to travel 

4. The people here are all lovely


The background guy is Kyle, from Florida.
 He is backpacking (with a tiny backpack) through NZ and then off to Asia in March!



So because I've been staring at a computer ALL DAY LONG and am so ready to post this finally I'm going to stop typing now. I do however promise to be a good blogger tomorrow because I actually have more news. But I believe in short posts and this is already too long.  






Comments

  1. This was my favorite video, that you did for Emily!! THey have all been great, but for some reason this one made me cry a little. Love, Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was my favorite video, that you did for Emily!! THey have all been great, but for some reason this one made me cry a little. Love, Mom.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment