The peanut butter problem

This past week I've had a lot of time to reflect. A lot of time to myself, and a lot of time to eat a lot of peanut butter.

Yes this post is about peanut butter -and so much more- just kidding it's actually mostly about peanut butter.

If you have spent any amount of time with me, and if peanut butter was in the immediate vicinity, and if it was free for my consumption then you should know that I may have a small problem.

When I say a small problem what I mean is a full-blown addiction.

The reason I'm writing about this is indeed because I've spent the last week house-sitting alone, just me, a black lab, and an entire jar of Pic's crunchy peanut butter. Two of those are still in the house. So in the spirit of accountability I'm making it official that I'm letting go of peanut butter.

(I'm letting go of a lot of things, but this may arguably be the most character building.)

I didn't make new year's resolutions because I guess I didn't feel like it. But, I do this thing occasionally where I want to make a major change. Sometimes I start a new workout program, cut my bangs, start wearing a different pair of shorts*, give up a food group, or change my morning routine. This time I'm going for a complete shift. The shift is starting with peanut butter. Peanut butter is at the surface, and a completely new system of living well is underneath.

I think that's worth sharing I guess.




*If you spent any amount of time with me in the last three years you'll understand how big of a deal this is for me. 

Comments